Special Opportunity – Santa Sabina in Partnership with iRest Institute
Harnessing your breath and life force is both an art and a science. In this in-depth 12-month course, you’ll learn the principles and practices for engaging in an informed, regular, and sustained practice of prāṇāyāma (breathwork). The practice of prāṇāyāma awakens and strengthens the resilience of your body, mind, emotions, and spirit. It balances your energy and supports your health, healing, and well-being.
Engaging the breath with intention also offers direct access to your underlying nondual Essential Nature, which enables you to feel deeply connected within yourself, and intimately interconnected with all of life.
This course is designed for anyone wanting to deepen their knowledge and skills and develop a personal, at-home practice of prāṇāyāma. This includes students and teachers of yoga and meditation and those who wish to share these principles and practices with their friends, students, or clients. And, health care professionals such as psychologists, social workers, other mental health professionals, and medical doctors will find this course to be a complementary addition to their skillset.
You’ll explore the underlying philosophy, theory, structure, energetics, and in-depth practices of prāṇāyāma.
- The anatomy, psycho-physiology, and neuroscience of respiration
- The foundations of prāṇāyāma for health, healing, yoga therapy, and meditation
- A safe and sustainable way to develop your own practice of prāṇāyāma that’s aligned with your personal intentions and physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing
- The underlying philosophy of prāṇāyāma
- A multitude of prāṇāyāma techniques that support health, wellbeing, healing, and awakening to your Essential Nature
- How to share these practices with others
You can expect:
- 12 monthly two-hour live online Zoom classes with Richard Miller
- Each class to include a live lecture, guided prāṇāyāma practices, and a Q&A session to help you build a successful and sustained personal practice
- Self-paced, at-home learning
- An online support forum
- Recordings of each session to be available during the entirety of the course
- A comprehensive manual, handouts, and suggested between session readings and home practices
- Approximately 24 hours of continuing education for various organizations
More about Richard Miller
iRest was developed by Richard Miller, Ph.D. Richard is a world-renowned spiritual teacher, author, yogic scholar, researcher, and clinical psychologist, who has combined traditional yogic practice with Western psychology and neuroscience. He is committed to bringing the healing benefits of iRest to all segments of our population. In addition to founding the iRest Institute (originally named The Integrative Restoration Institute), Richard was also the co-founder of The International Association of Yoga Therapy and founding editor of the professional Journal of
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm not a teacher. Can I still take this course?
Yes! This course is designed for everyone: new and long-term students, yoga teachers, and healthcare professionals. This course is for anyone interested in developing a personal practice of conscious breathing and for those who wish to share conscious breathing with others.
I have limited time during my week to practice. Is it still worth taking this course?
Yes! This course is designed to help you develop a personal practice of prāṇāyāma. You’ll learn a variety of practices that you can do in as little as 1-5 minutes. Maximum benefits are achieved through a regular 20-minute home practice.
What if I can’t attend every session?
This course runs from January to December 2022. The live monthly classes will be held from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. pacific time and will be recorded. You’ll be able to catch up on anything you miss on your own time. Please note that if you register to receive Clinical CE credits, you must participate live during each session
Can I take this course if I have respiratory issues?
Definitely. Many of the techniques can be adapted for use with a variety of respiratory issues. Contraindications for specific conditions are pointed out and discussed during the course.
Will there be homework?
Yes. This course consists of 24 hours of live online lecture, practice, and Q&A sessions. A comprehensive manual and between session readings and practices are included.
Is there a refund policy for this course?
You can receive a full refund, minus the credit card and processing fees, up until the start of the course.
$699 - Teachers Community Network (TCN) Members Pricing*
$799 - Early Bird Pricing*
$999 - Regular Pricing (*TCN and Early Bird Pricing available through November 1, 2021)